- With Pam Perrewe & Micki Kacmar, Strategic Human Resource Management, 4rd Ed., 2002
- With B.J. Hodge & Larry Gales, Organization Theory, 6th Ed., 2003
- With Nick Maddox & Walt Wheatley, Envisionary Management: A Guide For Human Resource Professionals in Management Training and Development, 1988
- Practical Strategic Planning: A Guide and Manual for Managers, 1985
- Managing Your Boss, 1983
- Managing Incompetence, 1981
- Management: Competencies and Incompetencies, 1981
- Participative Management, 1978
- With Edward Nicholson, Jr., Managing Human Resources: A Systems Approach to Personnel Management, 1977
- With Edward Nicholson, Jr. & Robert Litschert, Business Responsibility and Social Issues, 1974
- With Joel Haynes & Paul Wilkens, The Social Responsibility of Business: Text and Readings in Environmental Pollution, Minority Group Employment, and Consumerism, 1973
- With Lisa Sayeghy, William P. Anthony, Pamela Perrewe` “Management Decision Making Under Crisis,” Human Resource Management Review (2004), 14, pp.179-199)
- With Don Daake, David Dawley, and William P. Anthony, “Formal Data Use in Strategic Planning: An Organizational Field Experiment”, Journal of Managerial Issues (Summer 2004), Vol. XVI , No. 2, pp. 232-247.
- With W. Ritchie and A. Rubens, "Individual Executive Characteristics: Explaining the divergence between perceptual and financial measures in nonprofit organizations," Journal of Business Ethics, 53, (3) (September 2004), pp. 267-281
- With David Dawley, “User Perception of E-mail at Work”, Journal of Business and Technical Communication, Vol. 17, No.2, (April 2003), pp.170-200.
- With Erich Brockmann, "Tacit Knowledge and Strategic Decision Making" Group and Organizational Management (accepted and forthcoming)
- Gerald R. Ferris, William P. Anthony, Robert W. Kolodinsky, David C. Gilmore, and Michael G. Harvey, "Management Education and the Development of Political Skill,"Forthcoming in C. Wankel & R. DeFillippi (Eds.), Rethinking Management Education (first volume of the series, Research in Management Education). Greenwich, CT: Information Age Publishing. 2002 (forthcomiung)
- With Paul Simmonds, David Dawley and Bill Ritchie. "An Exploratory Examination of The Knowledge Transfer of Strategic Management Concepts from the Academic Environment to Practicing Managers," Journal of Managerial Issues. Vol. XIII, No. 3, Fall 2001, pp. 360-375.
- With Robert Bennett, "Understanding the Role of Intuition/Tacit Knowledge and Analysis/Explicit Knowledge in Bank Board Deliberations," in Theresa Lant and Zu Shapira (eds.) Managerial and Organizational Cognition, New York: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 2001.
- With Don Daake, " Understanding Stakeholder Power and Influence Gaps in a Health Care Organization", Health Care Management Review, Vol. 25, No. 3 (Summer 2000), pp. 94-107.
- With Pamela L. Perrewé, Gerald R. Ferris, and Dwight Frink, "Political Skill and Executive Health: Effective Coping Mechanisms for Workplace Stressors," Academy of Management Executive, Vol. 14, No. 3, August 2000, pp. 115-123.
- With Gerald R. Ferris, Pamela L. Perrewe`, and David C. Gilmore, "Political Skill at Work," Organizational Dynamics Vol. 28, No. 4 (Summer 2000), pp. 25-37.
- With David Dawley, "Achieving Quality in a Deregulating Environment: Top Management Team Decision Making and the Search for Meaning, " in Don Fedor and S. Ghosh, eds. Advances in the Management of Organizational Quality, Vol. 5, London: JAI Press, 2000, pp. 155-192.
- With Larry Giunipero and David Dawley, "The Impact of Tacit Knowledge on Purchasing Decisions," The Journal of Supply Chain Management,Vol. 35, No. 1, pp 42-49.
- With Robert Bennett, "Understanding the Role of Intuition/Tacit Knowledge and Analysis/Explicit Knowledge in Bank Board Deliberations," Theresa Land and Zu Shapira (eds.)Managerial and Organizational Cognition, New York:Lawrence Erlbaum Associates, 1999(ant.)
- With Darla Domke-Damonte, Sharon Segrest, and Angela Miles, "Following the Crowd:Social Influence and Technology Usage," Journal of Organizational Change Management, Vol. 11, No. 5, 1998, pp 425-445.
- With Micki Kacmar, Dennis Bozeman, and Dawn Carlson, "An Examination of the Perceptions of Organization Politics Model:Replication and Extension," Human Relations, Vol. 52, No. 3, pp 383-416.
- With Erich Brockmann, "The Influence of Tacit Knowledge and Collective Mind on Strategic Planning,"Journal of Managerial Issues,(Summer 1998) Vol. X No.2, pp. 204-222.
- With Marc Street, "A Conceptual Framework Establishing the Relationship Between Groupthink and Escalating Commitment Behavior" Small Group Reserach. May 1997 Vol. 28, No. 2, pp. 267-293.
- With Don Daake, "The Role of the Facilitator in Top Management Team Decision Making," Advances in Interdisciplinary Studies of Work Teams, Vol. 3, 1996
- With Mike Whitfield & Micki Kacmar, "Evaluation of Team-Based Management: Some Guidelines and a Case Study," Journal of Organizational Change Management, Vol. 8, No. 2, 1995
- With Nick Maddox, Robert Bennett & Walt Wheatley, "The Mind's Eye and the Practice of Management: Envisioning the Ambiguous," Management Decision, Vol. 32, No. 2, 1994
- With Ralph Stair and Bob Zmud, "The Use of Mental Imagery to Facilitate Information Identification in Requirements Analysis," Journal of Management Information Systems, Vol. 9, No. 4, 1993
- With Robert Bennett, Nick Maddox & Walt Wheatley, "Can You Picture This? Using Mental Imagery to Enrich Environmental Scanning and Planning," Academy of Management Executive, Vol. VII, No. 2, 1993
- "Managing Diversity, Then and Now," Wall Street Journal, July 3, 1992